Grade Level: Fourth Grade | Content Area: Science | Duration of Unit: 4 weeks
Students will make and use various weather tools and maps to predict weather. They will explore weather patterns that meteorologists use to predict the weather. Students will conduct various experiments to examine how weather works and affects our daily lives.
Students will understand that…
- The weather changes some from day to day, but things such as temperature and rain (or snow) tend to be high, low, or medium in the same months every year.
- Water can be a liquid or a solid and can go back and forth from one form to the other.
- Weather is a daily occurrence, climate occurs over an extended period of time. Different temperatures affect water, by changing the states.
- Identify weather instruments, thermometer, rain gauge, barometer, wind vane, and anemometer.
- The water cycle does not follow a single pathway.